Dr. Francine Pearce discusses the correlation between a spicy snack teens love and visits to the ED.
Commentaries on cases involving a 26-year-old woman with a history of chronic constipation and a 27-year-old man with a 3-day history of severe...
What factors are driving the rise in kidney stone disease prevalence?
Most patients developed symptoms within a month of beginning treatment; however, some patients had been on a DPP-4 inhibitor for as long as a year...
Law & Medicine
Commentaries on cases involving hypoglycemia in a 44-year-old man with type 1 diabetes and hyperkalemia in a 59-year-old man with weakness and...
Key clinical point: Many patients presenting with acute MI had unrecognized diabetes and, in most cases, that DM remained undiagnosed, untreated,...
Government and Regulations
Key clinical point: Adoption of the less aggressive blood pressure goal of 150/90 mm Hg for patients age 60 and older as recommended in the 2014...
- Medicare pay cut may loom in wake of tax bill passage
- HealthCare.gov seeing more action this fall
- Former pharma exec nominated for top HHS post
- Inside the Las Vegas crisis: Surgeons answered the call
- Firearms’ injury toll of $3 billion just ‘a drop in the bucket’
- Over 40% of Americans have experience with medical errors
- Residents getting unprecedented attention from employers
- CMS alerts physicians of payment reductions for PQRS noncompliance
- Back to the Future, Part 2: Community Paramedicine
- Young adults lead the ranks of recently insured
Managing heart failure in the ED